Happy New Year one and all! Later tonight we will gather with friends for a lovely meal and fireworks to ring in the New Year. I hope you and yours have a fun and safe new year.
Wishing you Blessings and Good Fortune in 2015!
Hello all. Sorry I haven’t answered your questions yet. That post is coming, I promise.
In the mean time I thought I would relate a quick story from the other night which I thought you all might enjoy.
We belong to a really nice country club in our town and spent a beautiful evening recently at a dinner at our club. There were only 30 participants which gives everyone a chance to talk and get to know one another.
We had assigned seating and our name tags were tied to the napkins with thin rope. The men seated on either side of me found that very funny and joked that they were going to keep the rope for later and bemoaning the fact that it was so short. “Yeah you could probably only tie one ankle with that” one said. We all laughed and I stayed quiet wondering just how widespread TTWD really is.
Then later in the night I joined a conversation where the couples were joking about the wives wearing no underwear. What?
Twice in one very civilized, very vanilla evening.
If these little snippets of conversation are any indication I think our lifestyle may be more prominent than we realize. Interesting.
As as the day comes to a close here in our corner of the world I just wanted to wish my friends here on my blog a very Merry Christmas. I hope you had a lovely relaxing day with family and friends!
This has been floating around so I thought I would join in and give you all a little look at Alex. (He’s pretty great so…)
1. He’s sitting in front of the T.V., what’s on? SportsCenter or NCIS or Castle
2. You’re out to eat: what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Blue Cheese
3. The most striking thing about his physical appearance? His hairline.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink: what does he order? Any kind of fish and a Seven and Seven.
5. Where did he go to high school? A public high school in his home town.
6. What size shoe does he wear? A 10.5
7. If he were to collect anything what would it be? Coins
8. What is his favourite type of sandwich? BLT&E (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Egg)
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Watermelon
10. What is his favourite cereal? Oatmeal or Frosted Flakes
11. What would he never wear? A Speedo
12. What is his favourite sports team? The Cleveland Indians and The Leicester Tigers.
13. Who did he vote for? Not who I voted for.
14. Who is his best friend? ME
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t? Leave the radio on in his car so it is on when he starts it. (He hates that.)
16. What is his heritage? All four grandparents were born in Spain.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? German Chocolate
18. Did he play sports in High school? Oh Yeah! Baseball, Football, Basketball and Track.
19.What could he spend hours doing? Yard work
20.What is one unique talent he has? According to him, “Picking a great wife.” Very sweet.
I have seen this on several other blogs and I thought it would be fun to play along to. It was fun to do. So now it’s my turn.
- Where is your cell phone? On the couch
- Boyfriend/girlfriend? Just my guy
- Hair? Never been colored
- Your mother? World’s champion worrier
- Your Father? Gone too soon
- Your favourite items? My kitchen gadgets
- Your dream last night? I can’t remember
- Your favourite drink? Diet Coke, Sangria
- Your dream Guy/ Girl? My guy again
- The room you are in? My living room
- Your fear? Scared of spiders
- What do you want to be in ten years? A spanked wife
- Who did you hang out with last night? My neighbor, daughter
- What are you not? A bad cook
- Are you in love? Yes, yes, yes
- One of your wish items? Lots of travel
- What time is it? One Forty Two
- The last thing you did? Stained my deck
- What are you wearing? Ugly painting clothes
- Your favourite book? The Book Thief
- The last thing you ate? A blueberry pancake
- Your Life? Pretty darn good
- Your mood? Pretty darn good
- Your friends? All of you
- What are you thinking about right now? All these questions
- Your car? Gold Mommy minivan
- What are you doing at the moment? Typing these answers
- Your summer? All kids home 🙂
- Your relationship status? Married filing jointly
- What is on your tv screen? A Bones rerun
- When is the last time you laughed? Just this morning
- Last time you cried? On Sunday morning
- School? Tuition times three
Happy Wednesday everyone. Break time is over. Time to stain the deck again…